Rule number one of any business is to have a presence wherever your customer’s are spending the most time and paying the most attention. Therefore, before selecting which platform makes the most sense you first need to know who’s using it.
As a follow up to my previous article discussing how to select the social media platform that’s right for you; I wanted to share the latest breakdown in social media demographics. Now you know where you need to be today but also how you can get a jump on where your customer’s of the future are spending their time.
- Facebook: 68% of adult use it. 75% of adults making $75k+ use it.
- Instagram: 64% of 18-29 yr. olds use it. 40% of 30-49 yr. olds use it.
- LinkedIn: Most affluent platform. 50% have college degree. Men & Women use it equally.
- Pinterest: 41% of online women use it. 34% of 18-29 and 30-49 yr. olds use it.
- Twitter: Equal Men & Women. Best for news and special events. 32% of people who make $75k+ use it.
- Snapchat: Youngest Demographic. 69% of 13-17 yr. olds and 68% of 18-29 yr. olds use it.
- Per Sprout Social 2/19
For Complete Breakdown of findings visit HERE